Booking an Appointment
All our clinicians will help deal with your illnesses and any long term conditions you may have. They will offer advice and treatment on your conditions and suggest ways in how you can help yourself. In some cases this may involve further referral to other Health Care Professionals.
To book an appointment, please either
- Call our main switchboard number - 01538 752674
- Visit Reception in person
- Use our secure online booking facility (registration required, details available at Reception)
Where possible we will accommodate your request to see the doctor of your choice, but in some circumstances that may not be possible, especially if you need to be seen urgently. Do not be offended if the Receptionist asks the reason for your visit. This is so we can direct you to the appropriate clinician.
We make every effort to keep clinics running on time, but there may be occasions when some patients take longer than others and in this case we appreciate your patience if the clinic is over running. The Receptionist will keep you informed should this be the case.
Helping the appointment system run smoothly
- If you are unable to keep your appointment please notify the surgery as soon as possible, either by telephoning or using the online cancellation system (if registered)
- We can only see one person per appointment. If you want another member of your family to see the doctor or nurse, please book a further appointment
- You can use the self check-in screen or inform the Receptionist of your arrival
- Sometimes people can forget to tell the doctor all the important information about their problem. It may help to write their symptoms down
- If you don't understand what the doctor or nurse says to you, please don't be afraid to ask for a further explanation
- It can sometimes help to have a partner or friend with you
- If you are seeing the doctor to discuss the result of an investigation or a recent hospital visit, check with Reception first that any important results or letters have been received
- Appointments may not be required to have insurance forms completed or renewal of sickness certificates. Please ask at Reception
- If you would like a chaperone please speak to the Doctor at the start of your consultation and they will be happy to arrange one